Submit Verification Request
Any individual / organization that uses Measures and weighing or Measuring Instruments in commercial transactions and in regulatory activities belonging to the following measurement categories is eligible:
- Measures of Length
- Measures of Capacity
- Category 1 - Measures
- Category 2 - Sub-divided measures
- Category 3 - Liquor dispensing measures
- Weights used in the ordinary market place
- Weights used by Chemists, Dispensers, jewelers OIML Class M1 and M2
- Weighing Instruments (Class 3 & 4) Un-graduated pan balance
- Category 2 - Un-graduated Counter balances
- Category 3 - Graduated Instruments (digital display)
- Category 4 - Graduated Instruments (numeral display)
- Category 5 - Class 2 Weighing Instruments
- Category 6 - Class 1 Weighing Instruments
- Measuring Instruments
- For liquid fuel
- For lubricant oil
- For liquor dispensing instrument
There are two types of stamping method use for verification weighing or measuring instruments.
- Initial stamping
- Anual stamping
Initial Stamping – For Manufacturers and Sellers (Importers)
- Working Days : Monday to Friday
- Working Hours : 8.30 am to 4.15 pm
- The individual or organization sends a request letter to Department addressed to the Director requesting the stamping of their instrument
- Note: If an individual or organization buys a new measuring instrument, they should be checked to see whether they are stamped. Otherwise it must be stamped by the Measurement Units, Standards and Services Department.
- The Department will inform the requester via mail or phone the time, date and location where the Inspectors will test the quality of the measuring equipment
- The applicant arrives at the specified venue with the measuring instrument
- The Inspector examines and verifies the instrument
- If the instrument meets the requirements, the Department stamps the instrument and a certificate is issued to the party concerned.
Note: During stamping if an inspector finds a particular instrument does not meet the requirements, the retailer/manufacturer is directed to a Technical Officer to make required adjustments to the instrument. If minor amendments need to be made, the Retailer/Manufacture can get it fixed and get it inspected again at that time. If it’s a major amendment it cannot be fixed on the spot. The Retailer/Manufacture will have to get it fixed by an authorized person / agency.